Garmin has made some major changes to their Forerunner line as of late and we are here for it! Between all of the changes, we will outline the most important features of the new watches and why you should upgrade to the latest and greatest Garmin styles.
- Same price as the 45 ($199.99) - only comes in one size
- More battery life ~20 hours or 2 weeks
- Graphical Heart Rate display
- Cadence Alerts
- Perceived Exertion/Feel
- Recovery Time
- Improved race predictor
- Track your “track” workouts, virtual runs, pool swim activity features, pilates and breathwork
- HIIT Timers
- New Wellness items
- Body battery
- Fitness age
- Intensity minutes
- More swimming capabilities
- Full connect IQ except music*
*If you are looking with a watch that can pay music, the Forerunner 245 is still a great option and has a bit more running friendly features than the 55.
Forerunner 945 LTE (Formerly Forerunner 945)
- Longer battery life with GPS and music - Yep, you can now play music! The Forerunner 945 LTE can store up to 1,000 songs all on your wrist!
- Comes in 2 sizes to appeal to smaller wrists
- Improved intervals with audio detection
- LTE Connectivity – You can choose a plan, kind of like your smartphone but now you don’t have to carry your smartphone. Plans start at $6.99/month
- Live Event Sharing – Automatically send race updates to family and friends without lifting a finger!
- Spectator Messaging – Get midrace motivation with audio and text messages rom your family and friends
- Assistant Plus – This watch can automatically send your name and location to the Garmin IERCC, which is a professional 24/7 global monitoring and response center, that can contact and communicate with local emergency personnel.
- Leave your phone at home with Garmin Pay, a contactless payment solution all run through your watch!
Ready for an upgrade? We thought so! If you still are still not sure about which watch to get, stop by one of our stores and our knowledgeable staff can help you out with any questions you might have. Happy running!