I’m sure many of you who follow your favorite pro athletes (or wannabe pro neighbors) on social media have seen them sitting on the couch post workout in “recovery sleeves” and have wondered, what in the heck is that? More than likely, these athletes are wearing the NormaTec recovery sleeves. Maybe you are thinking the following. But why would I need these? Couldn’t I just stretch after my run? What is so special about them? I thought they were only for the pros? Let’s dive in and take a look at why you need NormaTec recovery sleeves.
The NormaTec Pulse 2.0 is deemed the “Ultimate Recovery Experience” which gives you fresh legs much faster than traditional stretching, helps you warm up pre-workout, and improves your recovery after your workout or on raceday. The recovery sleeves give you dynamic compression via a high-tech massage to warm up your muscles before exercise and helps the recovery process post workout or race.
The NormaTec Pulse:
- Increases circulation – improves mobility
- Reduces pain and soreness – flushes out lactate and reduces DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness)
- Rejuvenates muscles - so they feel just like new!
- Accelerates recovery – so you can keep going and going
The NormaTec Mobile App allows you to:
- Customize time, pressure and zone settings – catered to you!
- Save and restore favorite settings – for added convenience
- Track and share your recovery stats – so you can get back out there
- Upload recovery data to your other training and tracking apps – multi-faceted!
- ZoneBoost technology with 7 intensity levels give that extra bit of attention to any problem areas
- The pulse massage pattern guarantees precise pressure and fit that molds to your body
How long should you use the Normatec Pulse?
- For pre-workout – 10 to 20 minutes recommended
- For post-workout recovery – 20 to 60 minutes recommended
- Injury rehab (yes, this is a prefect tool to reduce edema, pain and stiffness, and prevent further injury) – 20 to 60+ minutes recommended
NormaTec is backed by research (yay science!) that has proven to increase range of motion, decrease muscle fatigue after acute exercise and lessen pain sensitivity. If that doesn’t convince you to run out and purchase these, you can also stop by our Frontrunners Brentwood store and test them out for yourself! Our expert staff can help with any questions you might have. We see more Netflix and chill er recovery in your future!